Online optimization can get very complicated, but fortunately there are two quick and easy ways to optimize videos on YouTube.
Anyone with a YouTube account can optimize their account quickly and easily by completing the following steps:
- Optimize the on-page title of the video
- Add the URL to your website in the first 3 lines of the video’s description
Here is an example of an un-optimized video for the Dunes Resort, a gay and lesbian hotel and bar in Saugatuck, Michigan:
- Since the above is a gay resort, it would help a lot to include the word “gay” in the video’s title. This increases its chance of coming up on a YouTube search with the term “gay” as part of the query. Adding the word “lodging” or “hotel” could help as well.
- The URL is not visible in the description.
Here is an example of an optimized video for DeGraaf Interiors, a flooring and interiors store in Michigan:
- The terms “high end carpet, discount pricing” not only describe what the video is about, but are excellent search terms. The video comes up in position #2 when searching “high end carpet” as shown below.
- The URL is not only visible in the description, but is a direct link to the DeGraaf website. Finding out more about the company is just a click away.
These simple steps can make a big difference in your video’s visibility on YouTube, and will probably take less than five minutes to implement. What are you waiting for?
About the Author
Beverly MapesFounder & President, Top Of The List
Bev founded Top Of The List in 2006 and has over 25 years of experience working with technology. In her free time, she competes in dog agility competitions with her Golden Retrievers, Cosmo, and Finn.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?